A petition is calling on the government to prevent child protection professionals from incorrectly removing children from Special Educational Needs families.
The petition was created by a mother using the handle ‘Autistic Parent’, and is addressed to the Department For Education; Minister for the department, Robert Goodwill MP; Jeremy Hunt MP; and Dr Philip Lee.
In its summary, the petition states:
“False accusations of child abuse in the form of emotional harm and MSBP/FII happen across the board in the UK, but seem to be particularly focused on parents of children with special needs.
Situations such as:
- Asking a school to provide more support for their child or challenging lack of provision/school failings;
- Appealing to SENDIST regarding an EHCP;
- Requesting support from social services for your child’s difficulties;
- Seeking a health assessment for your child’s difficulties, particularly ASD, chronic fatigue, Ehlers Danlos;
- SEN child school-refusing;
- Cover-up of medical/diagnostic/administrative negligence…
View original post 470 more words